Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Attempt At Altered Art!

I'm always willing to try something new! So I tried Altered Art (atleast my version).  Do I think it comes close to Altered Art? Well? Probably not, but atleast I made a cute and simple mini journal.
So I've listed all the components below for you to try it!

So here is what my mini journals look like and hopefully you'll have just as much fun...



Scrapbook paper
Assorted La Mode buttons
Mini notebook
Paint/paintbrush
Brown Ink Pad
Glue
Assorted fibers, silk flowers
Scissors


Cut scrapbook paper - 3 1/4 x 4 1/5 (you'll need two - one for the front and one for the back).
Mix colors for painting the notebook binder.  I mixed white and nutmeg to get an aged vintage look.
Remember to paint the back also.Once you've achieved the color that you like then set aside to dry.
Glue scrapbook page to notebook, trim off excess.


Using the brown ink pad - run along edges to give it an aged, vintage look.
Glue ribbon to cover seam from scrapbook paper. Add fibers -glue


Glue additional scrapbook photos to journal.  Begin adding silk petals in corner as illustrated above.
Add buttons.
                                      

I hop you enjoyed making this quick mini journal.    These make cute inexpensive gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment