Monday, October 4, 2010

Halloween Centerpieces

I was asked if I can make a centerpiece for a party someone is throwing during the Halloween season and to incorporate a "graduation" theme to the piece!  After some hemming and hawing (and 9 centerpieces later) here are they are!
get a load of the close-up of the crow - I made him wear the "graduation" cap!


I actually had fun creating these pieces - I spray painted the baskets, found those great branches at Pier 1.  I then proceeded to put Styrofoam in the basket placed the stick off center and place the grass around.  Next I hot glued several glittered leaves and the pumpkins on the grass.  Lastly the graduation hat - since it's off season for graduation hats I improvised...I saved the center from the paper towels and some card board - cut the roll approx. 1" and then the cardboard 3 x 3.  Painted it black. For the center of the cap I used a LaMode black shank button #20752.  With embroidery floss I made the tassel. So I improvised just a tad!

So thanks for stopping in again...

Happy Crafting...

No comments:

Post a Comment